Data Driven Drilling & Production Conference 2018 is over and will return in 2019
A 2 Day Agenda Packed with the Latest Case Studies, Technologies and Industry Analysis
It’s clear that if oil & gas companies want to grow market share and be competitive, they need to understand and implement data driven production methods…and fast.
At DDDP 2018, over 70 of the world's leading data driven experts shared insights and solutions that are being used to drive the digital revolution in oil and gas. Whether you're looking to hear from leading operating companies, innovative tech start ups, global tech giants or household oil and gas service companies, DDDP has it all.
‘shark tank’ style
May 30: DAY 1 CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Trond Ellefsen CEO Invatare
- An overview of Chevron’s approach to digital innovation and acceleration from a business, technology and cultural perspective
Sebastian Gass General Manager - Technology, Strategy and Services Chevron
David Holmes will present perspective’s from Dell EMC’s Global Energy Practice on:
- The challenges and opportunities of Digital Transformation
- How Connected Digital Operations is providing a unifying strategy for Transformation, Cloud & the Industrial Internet
- Why transformation strategies need to embrace and support the once, present and future workforce
David Holmes CTO Energy Dell EMC
Andrew Nobbay will open the session with a 15-minute presentation on: “Data Evangelism for Leaders: First Teach Why, Then Show How”
- Hear how the O&G industry responding to supply and demand challenges around the world and what is the role digital technology in the lower for longer operating environment
- Discover how data and digitalisation is shaping company strategy across the O&G industry
- How can operating companies realize the full potential of digital technology available and transform their businesses into data driven organisations?
- Get the inside track on which game changing technology – including can wearables, AI, VR, blockchain – will likely be deployed first
Chairperson - Bruce Crager Executive Vice President Endeavor Management
Andrew Nobbay Finance Director - Performance Improvement Occidental Oil and Gas
Attilio Pisoni VP Production Technologies Schlumberger
Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy Technology Fellow & Chief Data Scientist Halliburton
- Discuss the organizational and operational impact of the adopting new technologies such as analytics and automation.
- Hear how you can best prepare your business for a collaborative digital transformation process
- Debate the various models that could be employed when transforming your business, in a new era of oil prices.
- Identify the organizational principals that maximize the value of digital technologies
Jim Claunch VP Operations Excellence Equinor
Ed Connelly GM Global Production ConocoPhillips
Andy Flowers Director Advanced Analytics Marathon
Steve Benn Principle Technology SANTOS
Neil SpenceleyPrinciple AdviserStepchange Global
- Best practices for producers to control to optimize production and detect anomalies using production data and predictive analytics to achieve measurable results
- Learn the fundamental elements needed to realize the full business value from predictive analytics.
Steve Jackson President and CEO eLynx Technologies
Bill Abbott COO eLynx Technologies
- Assess the integration of multiple automation tools, to minimize facility and individual well down time
- How Marathon optimized their field resources by implementing processes which cross field team boundaries.
- Get a continual picture of opportunities to improve field performance through Event, Alarms, and Tasks - and how this differs to the traditional business model.
- Trending the completion of tasks while providing feedback to frontline supervision on what is driving Marathon to visit well-pads and facilities.
Rick O'Brien Digital Oil Field Project Manager Marathon Oil
Joseph Gill EFPO Operations Control Center Supervisor Marathon Oil
Doug Johnson DOF External Consultant Marathon Oil
Josh McCoy Digital Oil Field Coordinator – EFAT Marathon Oil
- Building from the ground up: how to run remote operations on greenfield projects with maximum efficiency from concept to delivery
- Tying together all technological options to build digital working environments that maximise production and minimise risk
- Case studies looking at successful data driven operating models and digital projects in oil and gas
Bernt Tysseland VP Data Driven Operations Equinor
Jarle HuseboeLeader Digital Business SolutionsEquinor
Eivind Lie Kristensen Leader Production Bakken Equinor
William de Hoop Scheffer Oil & Gas Lead Accenture Liquid Studio
Michael Orton Energy Strategy Senior Manager Accenture Strategy
- Data Analytics can bring disruptive change to the way we produce, process and transport oil and gas, and to the way we manage the integrity of facilities.
- Machine learning solutions can use historical data for the early detection and reduction of anomalies and equipment failures. They can also be used to optimise the production, processing and transportation of oil and gas.
- This presentation will describe several machine learning solutions developed by Wood that use measured data from production equipment, production facilities and terminals. Wood will share case studies around equipment, anomaly detection and loss of containment. Which are designed to reduce inspection/intervention costs and avoid or mitigate equipment failure and bring value in production optimization
Kieran Kavanagh Vice President Digital Solutions Wood
- Our industry is facing a period of change like never seen before. With a medium-for-longer oil prices, E&P companies are having to alter the way they operate.
- But it is also a time of huge opportunity. With a range of new technology coming to market, companies can choose not only to survive, but to thrive.
- In this new world, what digital really means for the E&P industry? What is needed in order to have successful digital transformation projects?
Chetan Desai VP Digital Solutions Schlumberger
- Witness live demonstrations of the technology making data driven operating models a reality. Hear from some of the hottest innovators in the digital sphere including; Bentley, Ondiflo, Tachyus and Akselos
- This live ‘Shark Tank’ style debate, will the audience center stage in evaluating the cutting-edge technologies and their potential impacts on the Oil &Gas industry.
Anupam Singh Investment Principal Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures
Bill Vass VP Engineering Amazon Web Services
Celestino Gonzalez Senior Vice President - Commercial Banking Woodforest Commercial Banking
Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy Technology Fellow & Chief Data Scientist Halliburton
Jeff Dodson M&A Tax Partner KPMG
May 31: DAY 2 CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Clara Fuge VP Production Management P2 Energy Solutions
Joe PerinoClient ExecutiveWellAware
David Lafferty President Scientific Technical Services
- Amazon Web Services and WellAware discuss how IIoT and the cloud can be effectively applied to the oilfield
- Learn about best practice examples from operators and service providers in the areas of data collection, management by exception, and chemical management
Franz Deimbacher Technical Leader AWS Oil and Gas
David Milam EVP Business Development & Marketing Wellaware
Sriram Srinivasan, Ph.D
VP, Drilling & Evaluation TechnologyHalliburton
- How digital technology can enable operators to leverage subject matter experts to deliver data driven insights across multiple projects
- Discover how you can use a data driven operating model to allocate personnel and resources into business-critical operations, maximising production and revenue per employee
- Hear how you can get stakeholder buy-in across the business to deliver digital transformation projects
Cliff Summers Engineering Advisor Hess
Div Garg Business Intelligence & IDW ConocoPhillips
Mark Reynolds Senior E&P Solutions Architect, Upstream Integrated Operations Southwestern Energy
Jim Newman, PE Senior Director of Product Management AssetWise
Suraj Rangashayi Executive Vice President, GSO Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- Discuss the data-ownership and quality challenges your business will face during the roll-out of digital projects.
- Get the inside track on data standards.
- Assess the challenges of getting good data and the best practices adopted to avoid pitfalls.
- Hear about best practice case studies, of data driven models in drilling.
Andrew Bruce CEO Data Gumbo
Moray Laing Digital Solutions & Drilling Automation Halliburton
Mark Anderson GM Drilling Mechanics Technology Shell
Darryl Fett Manager, Research - Drilling & Completions Total E&P Research & Technology USA
Jay Hollingsworth CTO Energistics
- Hear how the Digitalization trend relates to the Oil & Gas industry, and how Siemens can help you apply the Industrial Internet of Things concept in the real world
- Learn how integrated solutions work together in an industrial environment and turns data into value for your business
- See real-world use cases that incorporate integrated solutions: 2D design data, 3D visualization and operations intelligence with real-time, updated data empowered by a cloud environment with analytics that can learn from your data and make predictions
Jan Pawlewitz Head of Sales O&G, Plant Engineering Software/ SVP North America Siemens
Cynthia Mason Business Development IIoT applications Siemens
Helmut Schnabl Head of Business Development for Process Solutions Siemens
George Castle Global Account Manager Bentley Systems
- Over the last two decades we’ve seen dramatic innovation in drilling equipment and software, improving drilling operations and creating a “data exhaust” coming from every drilling operation. Randy Krotowski will discuss how companies are capturing this data exhaust and using an AI platform to embed intelligence into every drilling operation.
Randy Krotowsk GM C3IOT
- Discover how data has allowed BP to achieve dynamic work assignment and priority optimized routing
- Delve into the evolution of our Automated Response, Resource Optimization and Work Management system - ARROW
- How BP are harnessing technology to focus on the most important safety critical and high value work while reducing the time it takes to get it done
Scott Bateman Business Applications & Data Director BP Lower 48
Wesley Hamer Optimization Team Lead BP Lower 48
Spencer Morrison Optimization Team Lead BP Lower 48
Priten Patel Systems Engineer BP Lower 48
- The digital well construction planning solution ensures planning is completed, honouring the highest standards in the most efficient way through project management, in-built engines, concurrent collaborative engineering, and automated design validation
- The iterative workflow means that plans improve as new data is added, and future programs can learn from prior experience
- In North America the Drill Plan solution has proved to be comprehensive and powerful in delivering drilling programs in days rather than weeks
Adrian Newton Marketing Manager Schlumberger
- How to address high operational demands for drilling and fracking wells.
- How can improved planning address inefficiencies in unconventional fields.
- Agile end-to-end service value chains are needed from Edge Computing scenarios to newly formed Data Science teams.
- Making the Data Science teams efforts operational is an industry challenge.
- Real-time operations of all assets are needed for improved margins in the industry.
John Archer Senior Energy AppDev Solution Architect Redhat
Shaji John Solutions Manager Ipcos
- Replace CAPEX with better/ faster/ cheaper OPEX
- Seamlessly integrate existing SCADA Networks with strong Service Level Agmts (SLAs)
- The benefits of using private LTE to eliminate CAPEX and provide ubiquitous field connectivity and services
- How to outsource communications to focus resources on your core business
- Cloud Services: Decapitalizing, securing, and future-proofing O&G communications with LTE
Scott Crist Chairman Infrastructure Networks
- Debottleneck data processing, to improve decision making speed, operational agility and drilling accuracy in the field.
- Review progress on autonomous drilling rig technology.
- How automated drilling is improving efficiency by supporting enhanced direction and depth control. Plus the benefits of well logging.
Robello Samuel Drilling Technology Fellow Halliburton
- Assess real case studies looking at edge computing and real-time data collection breakthroughs
- Discover how operating companies can realize the full potential of digital technology and transform their businesses into data driven organisations
- Identify the IoT and communications infrastructure innovations that can cut costs and deliver reliability in any operating environment
Chris Lenzsch Solutions Architect, Connected Digital Operations Dell EMC
Andy Flowers Director of Advanced Analytics Marathon Oil
Jose Jimenez Director of Oil and Gas Solutions Emerson Automation Solutions
Cody Falcon VP Arundo Analytics
The need for conversion from art to science in execution - Todd
- At every level of the drilling team we need a basic physical understanding of how things work (physics) that doesn't currently exist in the industry. – Fred
- Digitalization of well delivery requires in-depth understanding of operational workflows and domain level interactions - Hani
- Assumption: Drilling produces large volume of data / Reality: On a per well basis in Real Time, it is sparse data. - Raju
- Focus on the Whole well! Awareness of everything that’s going on at rig at all times - looks at multiple sources on the rig with one set of eyes, remove the silos
- Sensor/data management and fusion
- Integration of subsurface data
- Redundant checks on all data i.e. rig state, well state, etc
- Make decisions based on ROI/Drilling by Dollars
Jim Oberkircher Executive Director IADD (International Association of Directional Drilling)
Hani Elshahawi GameChanger and Digitalization Lead Shell
Raju Gandikota CTO MindMesh Inc
Fred Dupriest Professor of Engineering Practices Texas A&M University
Todd Benson President & CEO Motive Drilling Technologies
- Solve Deployment Complexity. Not POC but actual scalable adoption.
- Enhance Security. How can I deploy solutions with the proper security in place to protect my critical or mission-critical assets?
- Seamlessly transport field data to enterprise applications. I can't get the data out of the field cost-effectively so my data team can run all the great analytics.
- Future-proof the edge. I need to deploy my applications and run them at the Edge, across the globe, secur
Ron Victor CEO and Founder Iotium
- Trade secrets, design patents, copyright and trade dress; exploring the alternatives for IP protection
- How to secure your data collection technology in an evolving legal landscape.
- Hear the strategies you need to employ to increase the odds of obtaining protection.
C. Erik Hawes Partner Morgan Lewis
- Position of satellite in the communications industry
- Key developments in the Satcom industry
- General developments
- Disruption in the data market
- Value chain shifts in the Satcom industry
- New Non-Geostationary Orbit (NGSO) satellite systems
Morten Hansen VP Energy SES
- State of data over past 10 years
- Drivers for more and better-quality data
- Real Time data projects currently underway
Brian Morel Director, Drilling Engineering EQT
- Hear how data analytics can be used to make brownfield assets more profitable
- Learn from an innovative onshore independent operator on how to use data analytics techniques to develop and produce onshore mature conventional, and unconventional natural gas resources.
- How to bring predictive maintenance routines up to speed whilst moving high Capex costs to low Opex costs.
Vikrant Lakhanpal Production Engineer Proline Energy Resources Inc
- Learn about a 3rd party Health Check for an Operation Center and why this would benefit your operation center
- Discover how a new perspective can provide insight to enhance existing collaborative real-time working environments
- Gain insight into lessons learned, findings and how a Health Check program can support development and deployment of integrated operations
Leslie Malone Workover and Optimization Manager Sanchez Oil and Gas Corporation
Fred ClarkePrinciple Consultant Stepchange Global
- Debate the skills and culture required to support the adoption of digital technology
- Hear from industry experts and practitioners on how to prepare your workforce to use digital tools to deliver value
- Discuss how augmented worker technology and smart wearables will impact work processes in the future
Dr Irina Borovskaya Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts, Houston Chapter
Jim Crompton Adjunct Faculty Member Colorado School of Mines
Som ChakrabortiDirector, Digital SolutionsHalliburton
Wesley Hamer Intelligent Operations ManagerBP Lower 48
- Deploy new automated and integrated systems to dramatically reduce downtime and OPEX at scale
- Evaluate supply chain innovation in the field of data analytics: new offerings vs. new entrants
- How to avoid non-productive time by improving machine to machine communications
- Assess corporate data governance programs and data ownership models to find a path to progress
- Hear how leaders in data management are driving efficiency gains using across operational units by improving data availability, utility and visualisation
- Data Quality Control Programs: How to ensure data streams can satisfy the requirements of analytics solutions to facilitate uptake and deployment to functional teams across your organisation
Tyler Palmer Reservoir Engineer Denbury
Jean-Yves Bressand Global Sales Manager TechnipFMC
Troy Ruths Ph.D CEO & Chief Data ScientistRuthsAI in association with Mongo DB
Terry Kite Product Manager P2 Energy Solutions
- The unconfined compressive strength (UCS) of the formation can be used with the mechanical specific energy (MSE) to determine many drilling issues without additional rig time or effort. Clear indications of formation strength changes by UCS permit surface parameters to be adjusted for the maximum ROP in the new formation type and prevent dysfunction while drilling this new formation.
- Early detection of drill string and bit dysfunction by MSE and mitigation by changing parameters in accordance with UCS improves rate of penetration and may prevent damage to bits and BHA components. Hole cleaning and differential sticking may also be detected and remediated by comparing the behavior of UCS and MSC. This presentation provides the concepts required to work with UCS and MSC and demonstrates with examples from actual drilling operations.
Ed Dew Senior Drilling Advisor Quantico Energy Solutions
Production and Reservoir Engineering Automation: How it has reduced the time spent analyzing well/reservoir data and improved the decision-making process
- What can go wrong in the process of creating a results-based surveillance system
Chris Fair CEO ODSI